"...and a crawfish they caught in Arabi!..."
The holiday season is upon us, and apart from getting Benny Grunch and the Bunch stuck in our collective heads, it is also the perfect time to put our money where our respective mouths are, and support the small business owners and entrepreneurs that make our city so vibrant.
The Bayou Road Holiday Market is here to make that easy for us! Bayou Road is one of the best kept secrets in New Orleans, where the Belles of Bayou Road--Community Book Center, Beauty on de Bayou Natural Hair Salon, Cocohut Carribean Restaurant)--and the Beau of Bayou Road at Domino Sound Record Shack have been holding down the storefront for years, and more recent newcomers Kitchen Witch Cookbooks, Pagoda Cafe, Pirogues, Junk Masters, and Keys of Beauty have joined the party. It's time we share and celebrate one of the best small business districts in the city!
So come on out to our Holiday Market, tomorrow, December 10th, starting at 10AM, to shop Bayou! Bayou Road businesses will also be hosting a range of pop-up friends, vendors, and activities throughout the day!
WHAT: Holiday Market on Bayou Road
WHEN: TOMORROW, Saturday, December 10th, starting at 10AM
WHERE: 2500 Block of Bayou Road (off Broad)
WHY: Because Bayou Road is one of the best-kept small business district secrets in the city, but it's time we share it!
Some of the great activities and vendors include:
- Pagoda Cafe will be hosting friends--including Seasoned kitchen and cookware--throughout the day!
- Beauty on de Bayou Natural Hair Salon will host a pop up featuring Happy 2B Nappy's hair products with Jenn Evans of Designer Essentials.
- Community Book Center will have booksignings for "No More Saviors" with author Jordan Flaherty from 4PM - 6PM and "Vodoo Religion in New Orleans" with author Dr. Kodi Roberts from 6:30PM - 8PM in addition to children's activities and store wide discounts.
- Junk Masters New Orleans will spice up your shopping with its delicious "Holiday Punch" sip and in-store holiday mark-downs.
- Kitchen Witch Cookbooks will be serving complimentary libations all day and hosting the following:
- Midnight Noodle Vegan Pop-Up will be cooking and serving from 12 noon until they sell out!
- Artist Amber Chambers will be featuring and selling her Japanese inspired art pieces throughout the store.